Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanks giving



Yes, I'm thankful Mom has caring people making sure she is as comfortable as possible, well fed and clean. I'm thankful my husband and I and children are here in Detroit and will be sharing dinner tonight with their 80+ relatives. All of this with the pinch of truth that Mom will be without family today as will be so many other elderly people.

There was an article in the newspaper the other day that said depression is a recent phenomena. The human species wouldn't have survived if as many people suffered from depression in our development as today. Connection with other people, family is a huge way to combat depression. Would this blog be necessary if I was surrounded by family as Mom had when she grew up? I think not.

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

Your mother was at our Thanksgiving table yesterday as we reminised about her wonderful cooking. Do you remember my brother and sister-in-law lived in Duke for a while? They could also attest to your parent's kindness and Ann's delicious food!