Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Friday's sketch


When I touched Mom's arm with my cold hand, her eyes got big as she said in her typical way, "I'm gonna hit you". Mom had returned for a moment. Another surprise: when I asked her if I could sktech her, she said, "Sure, just like you did yesterday". Amazing! When I show her photos of her mom and dad and ask her if she knows them, she says she doesn't, but sometimes the old brain makes some connections.
Here's a photo of her parents, Molly and Ed. Grandma made the most delicious pies and rolls I've ever tasted. Doesn't she look like a fabulous baker? Grandpa was full of old-timer stories. He once told me that Oklahoma was pretty wild in the early statehood days, and that he never had to shoot a man. It felt remarkable that he found that story remarkable. How often were men shot and what on earth had he witnessed?

No comments: